Department of Economic Security
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
3274 BOB DR., PRESCOTT VALLEY, AZ 86314
This announcement is open until a sufficient number of resumes are received. Interested applicants should apply for this position if they feel that they are qualified as quickly as possible to ensure a timely application.
Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) works with families, community organizations, advocates, and State and Federal partners to realize our collective mission to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need. To learn more about DES visit DES Overview and visit our careers page to see current job opportunities. Join the DES Team!
The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Case Aide. This position is responsible for staff support in the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) Support Coordination Units assisting with casework directed by the Unit Supervisors, Human Service Specialists and administrative and secretarial staff. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Files documents in member files and secondary history files, and sets up new member files; tracks closed and archived files
- Responding to routine questions for information from families and providers
- Maintaining office supplies, copy machines, postage meter, State vehicle repair maintenance; completes vehicle reports; opens, reviews, sorts and distributes office mail to appropriate unit staff ensuring that critical documents are prioritized (e.g., prescriptions, requests for services) to ensure a timely response by the Support Coordinator/Division; copies documents as requested
- Picks up and delivers food boxes; completes forms, conducts research of community resources and services and reports; refers families to community resources; writes progress notes accordingly in member files
- Prepares a wide variety of member documents (e.g. service authorizations, correspondence, memos, forms and legal documents) for signature of designated authority for work unit and/or office; inputs member information into member’s database
- Possess an active and valid driver’s license with 5 or fewer points on driving record - In-state travel is required
- Basic principles and practices of case management; knowledge with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel; tracking systems; general office procedures
- Oral and written communication; interpersonal relations as applied to contacts with members and representatives of other governmental and community organizations and the public
- Adapt and be sensitive to a variety of cultural diversity and to maintain and display a professional demeanor
- Work effectively with a wide range of personalities and family members
- The candidate will possess at least one (1) year of customer service experience or working with or assisting individuals in a community setting, (e.g. community involvement with individuals with developmental disabilities, aging and adult, youth, etc.)
DES promotes career development and a work/life balance by offering a learning environment, team oriented culture, and flexible schedules. Our new hires enjoy several other benefits such as 10 paid holidays per year, 13 vacation days, up to 12 days of sick leave, affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits, $15,000 life insurance with the option to increase as desired. We also offer short and long term disability and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Applicants will be required to:
- Apply for and show proof of receipt of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets Level One requirements
- Be subject to a search of Child Protective Services Central Registry
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
Connect with us via on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
E-Verify: All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Reasonable Accommodation Request: Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Human Resources Administration at (602) 771-2870. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
If you experience issues while applying for this position, please dial 602-542-4700 and select option 9 for assistance.