Department of Economic Security
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
Client Funds Specialist
400 W. Congress, Tucson, AZ 85701
This announcement is open until a sufficient number of resumes are received. Interested applicants should apply for this position if they feel that they are qualified as quickly as possible to ensure a timely application.
Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) works with families, community organizations, advocates, and State and Federal partners to realize our collective mission to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need. To learn more about DES visit DES Overview and visit our careers page to see current job opportunities. Join the DES Team!
The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Client Funds Specialist. This position is responsible for supporting the efforts of the Statewide Client Fund Manager and providing full back up to the 8 Client Fund Specialists who manage 2,500 client accounts. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the Social Security earned income monthly reporting functions
- Managing and auditing the delinquent receipt and monthly ledger process
- Manage, complete, submit and track annual reports and other Social Security action notices
- Manage a very large email box, sorting through and distributing all incoming mail to appropriate Specialist; responding to email and phone requests for information, reports and other action items
- Backup coverage for client fund duties during absences of Specialists and other unit staff
- Filing management for unit and doing bank runs for funds deposits
- The candidate must possess one year governmental accounting experience equivalent to a Fiscal Services Specialist I; OR completion of at least 12 semester hours of accounting and one year professional level accounting experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting
- Possess an active and valid driver’s license with 5 or fewer points on driving record - In-state travel is required
- Principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of accounting , fiscal data analysis, auditing, and general financial record keeping
- Preparation and management of balance sheets, audits, reconciliation, ledgers, journals and reports
- Advances skills with Quick Books; MS Excel; MS Outlook, and spreadsheet development
- Excellence in customer service skills
- Organize, prioritize and multi-task while managing a very heavy workload
- Professional interpersonal relationship, oral and written communication
DES promotes career development and a work/life balance by offering a learning environment, team oriented culture, and flexible schedules. Our new hires enjoy several other benefits such as 10 paid holidays per year, 13 vacation days, up to 12 days of sick leave, affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits, $15,000 life insurance with the option to increase as desired. We also offer short and long term disability and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Applicants will be required to:
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
Connect with us via on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
E-Verify: All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Reasonable Accommodation Request: Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Human Resources Administration at (602) 771-2870. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
If you experience issues while applying for this position, please dial 602-542-4700 and select option 9 for assistance.