Department of Economic Security
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
2800 N. Highway 87, Coolidge, AZ 85128
This announcement is open until a sufficient number of resumes are received. Interested applicants should apply for this position if they feel that they are qualified as quickly as possible to ensure a timely application.
Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) works with families, community organizations, advocates, and State and Federal partners to realize our collective mission to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need. To learn more about DES visit DES Overview and visit our careers page to see current job opportunities. Join the DES Team!
The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Groundskeeper 1. This position performs a variety of landscape maintenance duties including skilled grounds keeping, maintenance of plant life, mowing of grass areas, trimming of site trees, application of irrigation watering, and chemical applications. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mowing lawns and trimming trees/bushes
- Irrigation of lawns/grounds
- Fertilizing and spraying lawns/shrubs
- Maintaining equipment
- Employment is contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
- Possess an active and valid driver’s license with 5 or fewer points on driving record
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used in caring for and maintaining grounds and plant life
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used in operating and maintaining powered grounds equipment and tools
- Knowledge of techniques and safety
- Skill in minor repair and preventative maintenance of automated and irrigation watering systems, and ability to understand how much water is needed
- Skill in trimming trees and shrubs
- Skill in use of mowing equipment and lawn growth
- Two years of experience in grounds maintenance and plant life care work is desirable
- Any combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) may be substituted
DES promotes career development and a work/life balance by offering a learning environment, team oriented culture, and flexible schedules. Our new hires enjoy several other benefits such as 10 paid holidays per year, 13 vacation days, up to 12 days of sick leave, affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits, $15,000 life insurance with the option to increase as desired. We also offer short and long term disability and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Applicants will be required to:
- Have a current, valid state issued driver’s license. Employees are subject to driver’s license record checks and must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid motor vehicle insurance and registration, and must complete any required training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12)
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
Connect with us via on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
E-Verify: All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Reasonable Accommodation Request: Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Human Resources Administration at (602) 771-2870. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
If you experience issues while applying for this position, please dial 602-542-4700 and select option 9 for assistance.