Department of Economic Security
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
HABILITATION SUPERVISOR 1
6740 S. Tucson Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85756
This announcement is open until a sufficient number of resumes are received. Interested applicants should apply for this position if they feel that they are qualified as quickly as possible to ensure a timely application.
Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) works with families, community organizations, advocates, and State and Federal partners to realize our collective mission to make Arizona stronger by helping Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance for those in need. To learn more about DES visit DES Overview and visit our careers page to see current job opportunities. Join the DES Team!
The Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Habilitation Supervisor 1. This position is responsible for supervising and providing leadership for staff who provide direct care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervisory and problem solving experience
- Communicating with staff regarding job performance
- Completing performance evaluations (MAP), approving time cards, facilitating shift meetings
- Participating in developing Individual Support Plan (ISP)
- Must be 18 years of age to apply
- Possess an active and valid driver’s license with 5 or fewer points on driving record, have an available personal car, and valid car insurance and registration
- Must read and write English
- Experience with supervisory techniques including leadership and staff supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of developing Individual Support Plan (ISP)
- Will possess a High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) diploma
- Experience working with adults in the Developmental Disabilities field
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and overtime, when necessary. Various shifts
DES promotes career development and a work/life balance by offering a learning environment, team oriented culture, and flexible schedules. Our new hires enjoy several other benefits such as 10 paid holidays per year, 13 vacation days, up to 12 days of sick leave, affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits, $15,000 life insurance with the option to increase as desired. We also offer short and long term disability and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Applicants will be required to:
- Have a current, valid state issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees are subject to driver’s license record checks and must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid motor vehicle insurance and registration, and must complete any required training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
- Apply for and show proof of receipt of a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets Level One requirements
- Successfully pass background and reference checks. Employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
- Be subject to a search of Child Protective Services Central Registry
Connect with us via on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
E-Verify: All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Reasonable Accommodation Request: Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Human Resources Administration at (602) 771-2870. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
If you experience issues while applying for this position, please dial 602-542-4700 and select option 9 for assistance.